Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Single divorced mom of two boys:) - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Through The Ages¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents of ALL boys

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 09-19-2007, 08:39 AM   #1
jennylala
Learning to Surf The Board

jennylala is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I am Jennifer and I am divorced and have two boys. Ages 6 and 3.5I look forward to sahring some stories and getting advice
jennylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:02 PM   #2
Blacksunshine_77
I am New

Blacksunshine_77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is 8 and 4 close enough. Probably have stories of 'what not to do'.

I love them though and they were doing so good until their dad got his time with them and my oldest punched my youngest in the face at school.

And I have to fix it...as usual.
Blacksunshine_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:26 PM   #3
Footballmom2012 Female
Getting My Feet (Board) Wet

Footballmom2012 is a glorious beacon of lightFootballmom2012 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Single divorced mom of two boys:)

I am a single mom of 2 boys… ages 16 & 12. I love my guys but they are the age where on one hand they are a blast to be around… football, sports etc. But then there are times when I am oblivious in their eyes and the phone, xBox & computer are their best friends LOL. It is also hard being just mom because of no 'male figure' around. Dad is present when it is convenient to him *go figure* but by the grace of God, they are still grounded and great

I love my guys… looking forward to sharing more
Footballmom2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:03 AM   #4
LadyDragon Female
Parent on Board

LadyDragon is just really nice

Footballmom2012, i know where you are. I've twins, 13 year old boys (single mum, father not around at all). Football, computer games, their mates .....
I am the best mother in the whole wide world though (when their friends are not around of course) when food or money is wanted.
Ah, but ya got a love 'em.
LadyDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:46 AM   #5
runner3113 Male
Parent on Board

runner3113 has a brilliant futurerunner3113 has a brilliant futurerunner3113 has a brilliant future

Hi I am a single father of six with only three living with me. 16, 13 & 12. They are the world to me and have a mother whose a Absent parent as she lives in another state. Enough of that I cant wait to hear the stories you are able to share with us. Welcome to the board and enjoy vent scream shout this is what we are here for to support each other.
runner3113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:22 PM   #6
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Welcome to our Hide Out!!! Vent away!!!!
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:53 PM   #7
quebecmom Female
Getting My Feet (Board) Wet

quebecmom is an unknown quantity at this point

I have two boys who are around the same age as yours
quebecmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:57 PM   #8
amberella79 Female
I am New

amberella79 is an unknown quantity at this point
woot Re: Single divorced mom of two boys:)

I am new to this site...my first post actually!!

I have 2 boys...7 and 9. They are a handful with sports and activities. But when they are a way with dad i get lonely and don't know hwat to do with myself!! LOL!! But I do LOVE my alone time!!!
amberella79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:41 PM   #9
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Welcome to our Hide Out!! Enjoy!

The Only Easy Day was Yesterday. NavSpecWar

If it is Important to us we make it happen.......
If it's not, then we make excuses...
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:00 PM   #10
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

Welcome Amberella!

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:10 PM   #11
KrystleO85 Female
Board Member

KrystleO85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome! I'm new here as well, i have just one son who will be 3 in February!
KrystleO85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:54 PM   #12
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend

Welcome.....3 boys here and they are active!
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:40 PM   #13
CarrotCake Female
On the Board

CarrotCake has a brilliant futureCarrotCake has a brilliant futureCarrotCake has a brilliant future

I have three boys and they are fantastic! I have two birthdays in the next couple of weeks, one is turning 11 and one is turning 14. Quite frankly they are easy except the big one doesn't hug any more and I do the happy dance if we even have conversations these days!!

The challenge is the little one. He just turned 3 and is best described as a Force of Nature! Why do the crazy ones get given to us when we are 10 years older? So unfair, !

My biggest concerns are the toddler having such a long day at daycare now and having to shoulder the many sick days he has since he started this fall all on my own and keeping work happy. And...staring at these four walls every evening.
CarrotCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:33 PM   #14
Xcrunner2002 Female
I am New

Xcrunner2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Single divorced mom of two boys:)

I have two boy's as well. 4 & 2, my current struggle is filling the lacking father figure in their life. I don't trust anyone, my fault I know, Anyone has any suggestions on safe places to look for male friends that may be trustworthy enough to fill the male gap?
Xcrunner2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:38 AM   #15
runner3113 Male
Parent on Board

runner3113 has a brilliant futurerunner3113 has a brilliant futurerunner3113 has a brilliant future

@ Xcrunner2002

I am a single father myself raising 2 boys. I hate to say it but I doubt you can ever find as you would put it a trustworthy male figure especially right now in your situation. Now this is just my humble opinion and not exactly those of everyone on this site. You need to first care for you self while caring for your children. I have been separate pending divorce for 3 years now. I have found someone else to share my life with but sometimes i wonder if it is/was the right decision for me to make. You need to look at things by what is right for the children especially younger ones. I was forced to take a co-parenting class as we are going thru the hearings now for the divorce and custody and it is funny as this is not my first divorce that I am going thru this again. But it has shown me a perspective of things I have overlooked, such as how going thru these classes again can help me help others. You need to really look at, as hard as it may be, to get absent parent working with his child. Though you may have anger and resentment in your heart finding someone else to take this place may/may not have an adverse affect on your child.

Just my two cents.....
runner3113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #16
Xcrunner2002 Female
I am New

Xcrunner2002 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your advice. I have been steadily trying to keep their father involved, it was a really sticky/difficult divorce. Its been difficult in the respect that everything I try to have the boy's involved in, sports, church groups, etc, he takes offense too, and will become very upset over it. I have finally, and I mean actually just recently, just decided to take it all in stride, and not personally take any offense, nor let the boys chance to grow and mature be affected by how he acts/reacts.

I fully agree on taking care of myself first, I have been getting help for a couple of months now, and its been the best thing that could happen to me
Xcrunner2002 is offline   Reply With Quote