Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Any new ideas appreciated - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Through The Ages¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents of ALL boys

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 07-12-2010, 12:11 AM   #1
Mamaboo Female
I am New

Mamaboo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any new ideas appreciated

I am out of ideas and nothing seems to work. My older boys did not present me with this problem. My 3 younger boys are 9,7,and 6. They cannot sit next to each other on the couch, in the car, at the table, anywhere with out pinching, punching, hitting, or kicking each other.

Every car trip is HORRIBLE . While I am trying to deal with one of them, the others will start in on each other. I do not recall doing anything differently with the younger children, I do not know why they think this is ok behavior.

I am at a loss and it is driving the rest of us crazy. I have to make sure they are physically in other parts of the house from each other before I can even go in the bathroom. The rest of us do not get to go anywhere fun or special because I know these 3 will start something embarrassing. I have NO sitter that will take them so we can do something with the older kids. Their before school sitter barely made it to the end of the school year and she only had them for 1/2 hour before the bus came. Even my parents wont take the younger 3.
Mamaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:13 AM   #2
alexmichele07 Female
Sparkles & Glitter

alexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Support
Default Re: Any new ideas appreciated

Between the three of them does one seem to be the instigator moreso than the other two? What are their personalities like? Are any more sensitive than the others? Are 2 of them together just as bad as all 3?

How old are your older 2?
alexmichele07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:23 AM   #3
dancing_orchid Female
Parent on Board

dancing_orchid has a reputation beyond reputedancing_orchid has a reputation beyond reputedancing_orchid has a reputation beyond reputedancing_orchid has a reputation beyond reputedancing_orchid has a reputation beyond reputedancing_orchid has a reputation beyond repute

I am not saying try this.. but my brother and I were like this with each other..

My father would say.. OK you want to fight, then well do it the right way. He made us get out of the car and told us to duke it out right now! my brother and I would look at each other oddly and then we would both agree we didnt want to fiight each other, so we stopped and agreed to behave..

My mom would say that if we had enough time to pick on each other then we didnt have enough to do and would line up chores for us all day.. We quickly learned that it was easier on us to just get along.. (less chores.. .. )

and the third... Mom would make us kiss and hug each other.. YUCK! that always worked..
dancing_orchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:25 AM   #4
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend

I have 3 boys and they all have their moments of being little excrement disturbers. Somedays they seem to feed off each other and take turns doing the pinching, hitting etc. If it seems it's all 3 creating the trouble equally, they all get punished. This may be in the form of being sent to their rooms, denied tv, games or whatever. It also means extra chores. At first it doesn't stop the behaviours, but it does start to establish little by little that I am in charge, not them. Then they see that any warnings I make are followed up. I must say that while they are far from perfect they now understand they will see consequences from me for poor behaviour, it has taken some time though, esp since when they are with their mother, anything goes.
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:34 AM   #5
Mommyofone Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

Mommyofone has a brilliant futureMommyofone has a brilliant futureMommyofone has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancing_orchid View Post
I am not saying try this.. but my brother and I were like this with each other..

My father would say.. OK you want to fight, then well do it the right way. He made us get out of the car and told us to duke it out right now! my brother and I would look at each other oddly and then we would both agree we didnt want to fiight each other, so we stopped and agreed to behave..

My mom would say that if we had enough time to pick on each other then we didnt have enough to do and would line up chores for us all day.. We quickly learned that it was easier on us to just get along.. (less chores.. .. )

and the third... Mom would make us kiss and hug each other.. YUCK! that always worked..

i love those=D ima remember those!