Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey 11 year old Boy - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Through The Ages¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents of ALL boys

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 11-19-2005, 02:15 AM   #1
Babycubs
I am New

Babycubs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I'm new here. I am 28 year old and just divorced. Father is in Iraq now. My son is getting into the age where his body is changing. I wasn't raised with boys and I'm not sure how to explain all of this to him. We had the *** talk this summer. That was easy for me.
We are now at the age where his _____ is swelling and it is making him feel weird. I explained it is blood flowing to new parts in his body and that it will happen the rest of his life. I can't for the life of me explain how to make it easier for him or even explain it better. I have tried the finding a male I trust to speak to him but he doens't want to do that. He only trusts me and talks openly to me. Can someone help me? Can you point me in the right direction to read about this and explain it to him? I can't leave this go until he wet dreams and then some classmate explains it to him. I mean I don't want him to hear something wrong. =(. I'm lost. Please help.
Babycubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 10:57 AM   #2
jaydsdad
Setting New Standards

jaydsdad is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.addenbrookes.org.uk/shac/advice/pubertym.htm

http://www.answers.com/topic/puberty

Hi Babycubs,

Welcome to SFV. I've posted a couple of links that may help with some of your questions. These explain the mechanics and what to watch for. The social aspects though will be better covered in the locker room at school. Be sure to teach him how to respect himself and how to respect girls and he should do fine. Also explain to him that it is all normal. Encourage him to talk to his gym teacher, if he is a male teacher, for the tough questions.

Your best friend in this may be Google. Any other questions you have can be googled.

Good luck to you and you can join in anyhere you like on SFV and the great people here will be more than willing to offering support and advice. You're not the first single mom with that question.
jaydsdad is offline   Reply With Quote