Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey NEVER BEEN ABLE TO DEAL W/BOYS - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Through The Ages¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents of ALL boys

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 04-20-2004, 06:41 PM   #1
PIKNIK2000
I am New

PIKNIK2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

I AM A SISTER OF THREE GIRLS AND NO BOYS AND NOW I AM HAVING A BOY. TO ADD TO MY UNKOWING OF BOYS AND WHAT THEY LIKE I AM A SINGLE MOTHER. I JUST DON'T WANT HIM TO GROW UP HATING ME BECAUSE OF MY LACK OF KNOWING BOYS, HELP!
PIKNIK2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 12:04 PM   #2
razzer96
I am New

razzer96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh Hun don't worry.
I knew NOTHING about babies boys or girls!
But I had my son fell in love and tried to read as many magazines and such on babies as I could!
I now have 2 boys and they are the greatest (and to think I wanted girls )!
From what I hear, boys are easier than girls. But since I dont have a girl I cant say for sure.
Sometimes I do have problems relating to my son, since he is 8 and going through that akward phase. I just remind myself that here aremy two chances to shape the male species into a GOOD thing!! LMAO...good luck and just relax.
razzer96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 10:10 PM   #3
WASATCMAMA
I am New

WASATCMAMA is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by PIKNIK2000:
[qb]I AM A SISTER OF THREE GIRLS AND NO BOYS AND NOW I AM HAVING A BOY. TO ADD TO MY UNKOWING OF BOYS AND WHAT THEY LIKE I AM A SINGLE MOTHER. I JUST DON'T WANT HIM TO GROW UP HATING ME BECAUSE OF MY LACK OF KNOWING BOYS, HELP![/qb]
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS E MAIL ME OR MY HUSBAND AS HE HAS A BSW IN CHILD DEVELOPMENT THREE OF OUR OWN,TWO BOYSAND WAS A SCOUTER TO 700 BOYS FOR 17 YEARS,HOPE TO ADOPT ANOTHER OLDER BOY TO 13.
REX/SHARON E- MAIL WITH ANY QUESTIONS AS WE'VE ALSO DONE THERAPUTIC FOSTER PARENTING.
COUPLE SEEKING TO PROVIDE A LOVING HOME FOR AN OLDER CHILD TO 13

WE HAVE ROOM FOR ANOTHER SPECIAL NEEDS CHILD
WE ARE A MARRIED COUPLE,BORN IN
CHICAGO,NORWEGEN/WELSH AND POLISH/LITHUANIAN AMERICAN,OUR HOME HERE IN THE ROCKIES.
WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED THIRTY-ONE YEARS,SEMI RETIRED FROM YOUTH SERVICES,COUNSELING AND SCOUTER OF 17 YEARS.
WE HAVE THREE GROWN CHILDREN,ONE ADOPTED.
WE ENJOY SCOUTING,CAMPING,SWIMMING,
SPAS,TOURING,YOUTH WORK,CHURCH,FAMILY AND HOSTING YOUTH FOR THE SUMMER FROM ABROAD/USA.
WE HAVE THE TIME 24/7 AND ROOM FOR ANOTHER OLDER CHILD,PREFERABLY A SPECAL NEEDS BOY AGES 8-13,EUROPEAN/AMERICAN,HISPANIC ORNATIVE AMERICAN, TO JOIN OUR FAMILY AN HAVE A FOREVER HOME.
ALL ARE WELCOME TO INQUIRE.
REX/SHARON BULLINGTON
975-30 STREET
0GDEN,UTAH
94403-0254
USA
PHONE 801-317-4656
E-MAIL US AT
ADOPTINGOLDERBOY*WEBTV.NET
EVERY CHILD NEEDS AND DESERVES A LOVING HOME

ADOPTINGLDERBOY*WEBTV.NET null
WASATCMAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 01:01 PM   #4
Dadof3
I am New

Dadof3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, this is dadof3's wife. I'm a sister too, and all my cousins are females, and now I have 3 boys to raise. Now, I don't know what I would do if I ever had a girl! I don't know what barbies are "cool", or anything. I feel strange walking down the toy aisle at the store that is nothing but pink!! You'll get used to it. Don't worry, he'll grow to love you. Just remember that most boys like to get dirty, unlike most girls. My sister has a girl, and she is just amazed that I let my son jump onto ledges on the way into a store. He's just being a boy. Boys like to climb and jump. Girls like to sing and dance. Just one word of advice about boys for your future... DO NOT LET HIM GET ATTACHED TO VIDEO GAMES!!!! My oldest 2 are, and it is insane... but on the other hand, it makes a good punishment to ground them from it when they are bad. Don't worry... you will be OK
Dadof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 08:12 PM   #5
explorin_mom
I am New

explorin_mom is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't worry!!! I have two girls and a boy. AND BOY OH BOY- boys are much easier and less whiney! Of course I am not being fair!! I love all my kids but my boy was the easiest in my family to raise. Perhaps I will change my mind when he is into the teen years full stream. He is 12 now. Mothering is learned along the way with either gender. You learn while you go and it is fun and hard and messy! But it is worth it.
Quote:
Originally posted by PIKNIK2000:
[qb]I AM A SISTER OF THREE GIRLS AND NO BOYS AND NOW I AM HAVING A BOY. TO ADD TO MY UNKOWING OF BOYS AND WHAT THEY LIKE I AM A SINGLE MOTHER. I JUST DON'T WANT HIM TO GROW UP HATING ME BECAUSE OF MY LACK OF KNOWING BOYS, HELP![/qb]
explorin_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 12:26 PM   #6
gwendlyn
On the Board

gwendlyn is an unknown quantity at this point

If you love him, he will love you, that's a given. I'm a single parent and have a 9 year old, very active, coordinated boy who loves to run, play war and race his friends on bikes, skates, whatever. I was a "girly-girl" and loved to play with dolls and don't have an athletic bone in my body. I encourage his strenghts and teach him to respect mine. I've been acused by the unknowing of being to lenient at times and too strict at others (but they don't know him, do they?) Most people I have encountered tell me I am raising a great kid (even my ex's friends). So far, so good. His father has been minimally involved. I learned a lot by listening to and watching others caring for their children, espcially boys. When he was a newborn, I watched my sister-in-law (also a single mom), goofing around with her 12 year old son. When they were done, he sat down with her and put his arm around her. I thought... that's the kind of relationship I w
gwendlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 03:41 AM   #7
Thinker
Lively & Zealous Parent

Thinker is an unknown quantity at this point

Piknik2000,
Hi, I read your concern and thought about my daughter. I am a full blown TOMBOY from day one. My parents say they have 3 boys and a girl...(not 2 boys and 2 girls). I play ice hockey and soccer and I can fix cars and anything that breaks in my house...BUT...ask me anything about nail polish and fashion and I will crawl into the nearest hole!!! LOL. Don't worry. It all comes together. My daughter is so girly I can't keep up with her. I don't even understand why certain clothes match but she is always correct and is very popular and confident at school. I just go with the flow and I have learned to trust her opinion, and the opinions of my sister and girlier friends of mine. Its a lot of fun for me to watch my daughter and her friends be girls, because I never was like that. My mom and dad let me be who I was and so will you. You'll be fine because you will love him! Take care and don't worry.
Thinker is offline   Reply With Quote