Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Moving boys closer to their dad - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Through The Ages¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents of ALL boys

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 02-23-2011, 01:05 PM   #1
Jaidan99 Female
I am New

Jaidan99 is a glorious beacon of lightJaidan99 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Moving boys closer to their dad

I am a single mom currently living in Cleveland, Ohio with two boys ages 9 and 12. Their father lives in Chicago and they only see him on school breaks.I moved back to Cleveland to have my parents support as a single mom but now that the boys are getting older, they really need their father. He is a wonderful man and a great dad.

The boys would be leaving my family (grandparents, uncle) but they have their dad's family in Chicago. I can easily transfer my job to Chicago. Is it a good idea to leave my family and boys school to move closer to their dad?

Thank you
Jaidan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:14 PM   #2
alexmichele07 Female
Sparkles & Glitter

alexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Support
Default Re: Moving boys closer to their dad

YES!!!!

I can't stress enough how much I commend you for making this decision, because I know it's not an easy one to make! But you are right in that the boys need their dad, and they are so lucky to have you as their mom, recognizing this, and doing what's best for them!!!

Welcome to SFV! And hang around, I think you'll really like it here!
alexmichele07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:47 PM   #3
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

WOW!! If you and there Father can set aside personal differences and place the needs of the boys 1st it will be super for them!

Also, Welcome to our Hide Out!!!
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:40 PM   #4
Jaidan99 Female
I am New

Jaidan99 is a glorious beacon of lightJaidan99 is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you for the encouraging words. Anything for my kids
Jaidan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:45 PM   #5
Mommyofone Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

Mommyofone has a brilliant futureMommyofone has a brilliant futureMommyofone has a brilliant future

Welcome to sfv!!!! is he a good father in ur eyes... does he do your children right? I think if everything is good that is wonderful... esp with the boys getting older it might help them during the teen years... and since ur able to transfer within the same company so its not like ur starting over and dont have something setup with big risk... i wish u n ur boys luck and i know this would make dad happier too cause he would get to spend more time with them... Does his family help u or offer support even if it is helping with babysitting or just able to get advice kinda thing?
Old 02-23-2011, 03:51 PM   #6
Jamie's_Mum Female
English & proud

Jamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to the site!

I find it great that you can describe your ex the way you do, not many people (me included) have anything good to say about ex's. If you can make this happen do it, your children do need their father and it will be good for them to be closer to him.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:11 PM   #7
Fate Female
I am New

Fate is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi and welcome.
I was in a similar position as yours.I had a relationship with a man in Australia and we were heading for marriage.Was just there a month ago.Due to his job(prosecutor) it was a bit difficult for him to leave and come to Cyprus and honestly ,i couldnt ask him to do that for me..He really worked hard to get where he is.On the other hand ,seeing that i have joined custody with my ex how could i leave? He wouldnt allow me to take the kids so far away and to be honest if i were in his shoes i wouldnt want him to take our children away from me.So even if wee are divorced ,we still share something in common and that is our love for our children.I could see it in my sons eyes ,that just with the idea of leaving his father and not seeing him for a long period of time,saddened him and scared him i think.Conclusion - i had two choices...either follow the man i love and leave my kids with their father(because it was definate that he would not allow them to come with me) or lose the man i love and do whats right for my children,who in the end arent to blame for all of this divorce business. I chose to do whats right for my two boys. In your case ,i dont think you are really losing anything,thats if business wise you have no problem relocating..your children have everything to gain and seeing them happy will make your life easier too.
Good luck
Fate is offline   Reply With Quote