Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Recently Divorced Cheating Husband - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Missouri

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 03-30-2006, 01:27 PM   #1
Denise5692
I am New

Denise5692 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,

I am a single mom of a little girl who was legally divorced as of January of this year. My ex-husband decided to move out August of 2005 to "find himself." We went to marriage counseling until October until I found out he had been cheating on me a block away from our home and I slapped a divorce on him so fast it made his head spin. I think I was still in shock for awhile even though I pushed the divorce through as fast as possible. I didn't want a chance to change my mind with the man I thought was "the one." So now, I am a single mom trying to survive on my income alone since he doesn't bother paying child support. I try to be positive and have Faith that our Lord knows what is best for us. But I have my days I just want to run away from it all. My little girl is the only reason I haven't lost my mind. She needs me and I refuse to let her suffer any more than she already has at the disaterous situation thanks to her loser father. He doesn't really see her that much, but claims to miss her so. He is too busy, sleeping around and gambling to care about anyone else. I was so distraught at first that I thought I would surely die of a broken heart, but I come to realize life does go on and there will be more to my life than him. He obviously wasn't worth having if he could do what he did to our family.

Thank you for listening and feel free to comment.

Denise
Denise5692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 05:19 PM   #2
Lurch
At A loss for Words - NOT!

Lurch is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome neibor. It is sad when a parent flakes out. My ex hasent talked to her kids in allmost 8 months now. She is mentally unbalanced, has been on social security sence she was 20. I can't really get mad at her, if I did I would simply be getting mad at a illness, so we go on. I hope things have improved for you, I know its hard. Peace
Lurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 09:42 AM   #3
Denise5692
I am New

Denise5692 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you, I appreciate that. I think you are strong person for supporting your children and not blaming your spouse.
Denise5692 is offline   Reply With Quote