Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey moving with child - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Missouri

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 06-01-2004, 01:37 AM   #1
aimless_75
I am New

aimless_75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, my name is amy, I just wanted to take a moment to intorduce myself, I'm from st joseph missouri. I have three children from two different men. I was never married to either man. I just got married about a year ago, and my husband and I would like to move to the southern part of the state. There was never any court order on custody or visitation. My daughters father really does not want me to move away with her. I'm not going over state line, can he stop me, without taking me to court? Do I need his written permission? null
aimless_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 11:57 AM   #2
YoungMomOf3
I am New

YoungMomOf3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, i live in kansas city, and i learned the hard way. My ex decided to take off with my son and dissapear one day. We did not have a court order for custody, so the police said that in missouri, posession is 9/10th's of the law. That includes children. Since a court has not set a legal right, he has no say. And yes, luckily through sheer pissed of momedness i did get him back

Quote:
Originally posted by aimless_75:
[qb]Hello, my name is amy, I just wanted to take a moment to intorduce myself, I'm from st joseph missouri. I have three children from two different men. I was never married to either man. I just got married about a year ago, and my husband and I would like to move to the southern part of the state. There was never any court order on custody or visitation. My daughters father really does not want me to move away with her. I'm not going over state line, can he stop me, without taking me to court? Do I need his written permission? null[/qb]
YoungMomOf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 03:01 PM   #3
CA
Setting New Standards

CA is an unknown quantity at this point

aimless,
I am not a resident of Missouri. I live in Florida. If the two of you can not come to an agreeable decision you much have the court set up guidelines for the protection of your child and everyone involved. Based on most conditions, in the state of Florida, a move is always granted if the conditions of the child will be better than a latteral move. Say more money and a better environment, schools, family support etc.
Good luck!
Carla
CA is offline   Reply With Quote