Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Single Mom from St. Louis - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Missouri

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 01-31-2008, 10:28 PM   #1
AustinsMamma2007
I am New

AustinsMamma2007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone. I'm new to this site. My name is Tiffany. Currently I live in St. Louis, Missouri. I have one son, he's 3 months old. His name is Austin. The sperm doner is not ivolved and never will be, but I've come to realize it's what's best for us anyhow. My son is my entire life.
I love meeting new people so if you're interested by the information I've put in then please contact me.
AustinsMamma2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:11 AM   #2
ScaredStraight
I am New

ScaredStraight is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, I live in KC, MO and I am a dad to be at the end of May. My ex lied about a miss carriage and has disappeared. She says it is because I smoked pot and am going to take the baby from her. Why would you not let your son know his dad? Not judging you, just asking. I hope things will change for your Son. I never knew my father and I will track her down to make sure I get to protect my son. I am so excited to know the baby is A BOY!!!
ScaredStraight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 04:21 AM   #3
AustinsMamma2007
I am New

AustinsMamma2007 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sorry about your ex, really. That was a horrible thing to do! My ex is a danger to my baby. He is actually a bit abusive and smokes weed. He is also not dependable at all. If he wanted my son he should have felt free to take me to court for him... And never did. If he changes his mind it will be too late. I'm doing it on my own and I'm proud of my work. He doesn't care, unlike you. Congratulations on the baby!
AustinsMamma2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:21 PM   #4
glad2Bhere
I am New

glad2Bhere is an unknown quantity at this point

AustinsMamma2007~I don't want to worry you, but the father can come back at almost any time and ask for rights. I have been involved with a case that this has happened. It doesn't always work out the way we want it to. Make sure that you document any problems that you have with the donor to discount his credibility/ability to be good for your son.

ScaredStraight~One of my relatives lied to her entire family and the man she was dating about who the father of her baby was. It was by accident that I found out. She and her mother decided that they wouldn't tell the family because "no one would ever know" since he lived out of town. Her second child's father is unknown by most relatives and family members. She decided to not put him on the birth certificate and NOT let him know. Hey, he was just a friend, and she just happened to be on hormones (for the 2nd time in her life). Actually, I am very sickened by her. If she wanted to raise a child and never let him know that he had one, she should have gone to a sperm donor bank.

If you are sincere about protecting your son, find her and him. Make sure that you are prepared for a mighty big undertaking. I have three kids and they are my life, but I am exhausted. Please, don't be a dad of convenience like my soon to be ex. I work with children and they need their dads to be honest and good role models. If you have made mistakes, own up to them. That is one of the greatest gifts you can give is showing someone that you can make a mistake, take the consequences, and still have a great life and/or relationship. Give your son unconditional love and NEVER use your son to "get back" at your ex.

My soon to be ex tries to mentally control me by what he does with/to the kids. He knows that they are my passion. If he wants something from me...or for me to back down...he knows they are my breaking point. My kids see that and one has even commented about how life is like a game of chess, and it seems like mom is winning now. I don't want my kids to ever feel like I am trying to win them over. I want them to know that I am there for them at any moment they need me...no matter what they do. I want my kids to know their dad and have a relationship with him. However, I have been the one taking care of them while he has been messing around and pretending that he doesn't have a family of any sort. They are all old enough to see this, and it has been very hard on them to have a relationship with him. I think that if I ever got remarried, his relationship would probably be close to extinct. I think that is sad.

Good luck to both of you!

Remember that it is hard to be a single parent most of the time. However, when you get that certain smile or hug, it makes everything worth it
glad2Bhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 11:38 AM   #5
ginthefer
I am New

ginthefer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Austinsmamma, I am from St. Louis, too.

I have taken to calling the father of my unborn child the sperm donor, too. As fathers go he is a jerk. As sperm donors go he is quite extraordinary. He is extremely attractive, intelligent, and motivated.

I am sorry that you are going through something similar.

I look forward to the feeling that my baby is my entire life after s/he is born. I don't even know the gender yet. I am also looking forward to meeting other moms in the city. All of my friends are childless and will probably stay that way.
ginthefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:20 PM   #6
cherokeebabe
I am New

cherokeebabe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello I am in St. Louis also my son's father was there for the birth of his only son but when he was ordered to pay child support he got a lawyer and fighting it he hasn't seen his son but one time in 6 months that was on his first b-day which was dec. 27 he says I am keeping him from seeing his son but he knows where I live and he knows my number. He says my one bedroom place is too small for us and complains where we live. He hasn't paid a dime to help me raise our son. But yet when he drinks and feels guilty he calls me drunk. My son is number one and I have sacrificed everything and will continue for my son. I work full time, my son full time no state help or even footstamps I do everything on my own. It is rough but I am doing it.
cherokeebabe is offline   Reply With Quote