Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey WHO is active, my friend and close to MO - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Missouri

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 09-01-2009, 03:36 PM   #1
comingup4air Female
Putting my child first...

comingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Support
Default WHO is active, my friend and close to MO

Hey guys. Who lives close to Saint Louis, MO????

My sister lives there and I'm thinking of going there as soon as I can get some time off. Would be COOL to see some of you guys.

Idig is the backbone and center for all of us!
Blue lives where I want to live.
AM is the person who keeps me sane.
Lisa is the person who makes dreams real.
Natty inspires me.
Dad and Muskie restored my faith in men.
*Favorite quote from Blue: Sometimes being smart just means you can justify things to yourself more creatively- and better fool others into enabling you.
comingup4air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:38 PM   #2
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: WHO is active, my friend and close t

Not me.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:43 PM   #3
comingup4air Female

comingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Well, that would be cause for you to MOVE now, wouldn't it.

I know where you live and E and I are so there someday.

But, I'm lookin' more for those of you on here that have corn stuck between their teeth more than the average joe does, ya know what I mean?

And of course, I'm hopin' you dry between your toes and know how to brush your teeth.

Natty inspires me.
*Favorite quote from Blue: Sometimes being smart just means you can justify things to yourself more creatively- and better fool others into enabling you.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:23 PM   #4
alexmichele07 Female
Sparkles & Glitter

alexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Support

I'm about 6 hours from St. Louis. Dali's a couple hours closer.
alexmichele07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:08 PM   #5
comingup4air Female

OOOOOH....that's 2. SO cool.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:58 PM   #6
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by comingup4air View Post
Well, that would be cause for you to MOVE now, wouldn't it.

I know where you live and E and I are so there someday.

But, I'm lookin' more for those of you on here that have corn stuck between their teeth more than the average joe does, ya know what I mean?

And of course, I'm hopin' you dry between your toes and know how to brush your teeth.
::

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:05 PM   #7
sara1 Female
Setting New Standards

sara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

How about driving and takeing a detour through PA?
Old 09-01-2009, 08:11 PM   #8
comingup4air Female

Blue....yea...I got your number, baby. I can busta liver with the best of them.

Sara....will be flying....but if the plane swings over PA I'll be sure to WAVE out the window!

Idig...you should move closer to Boston or MO anyway. That's where all the cool people live.

AM and I are gonna make a plan
Old 09-01-2009, 09:38 PM   #9
Bubba'sDad
Banned For Spam

Bubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Boston, and the rest of MA is free to take their toys and go home.

Had to drive to Danvers and Rowley yesterday, and mass drivers are 2nd to none is screwing up
Bubba'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:43 PM   #10
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend

Quote:
Idig...you should move closer to Boston or MO anyway. That's where all the cool people live.
Not a chance. I live in the foothills of the Appalachians, it is gorgeous here. I ma a few hours from the Smokies and a few hours from the gulf coast. I'm not going anywhere unless I strike oil and can afford several houses and to fly around visiting my ski chalet, my island, and sweet home Alabama on a whim.

BD, you would never survive the Nascar wanna bes in my neck of the woods if Boston got on your last nerve.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:46 PM   #11
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by idig View Post
BD, you would never survive the Nascar wanna bes in my neck of the woods if Boston got on your last nerve.
There is some logic to the Nascar wannabes.....I however, found that Maryland drivers are idiots in general [I am sure that Hanzi is exempt from this]. Not sure about Mass drivers---but if they are anything like the MD ones, I can empathize. Southern drivers just drive fast---insanely fast, which is funny since everything else about the south is about slow and easy.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:50 PM   #12
Bubba'sDad
Banned For Spam

Bubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

I learned how to drive in NYC. Mass drivers are incapable of keeping a steady speed or thinking more than 3 seconds ahead of them.
Bubba'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:01 PM   #13
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba'sDad View Post
I learned how to drive in NYC. Mass drivers are incapable of keeping a steady speed or thinking more than 3 seconds ahead of them.

Just offering a challenge there, NYer....

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law Student Lisa View Post
There is some logic to the Nascar wannabes.....I however, found that Maryland drivers are idiots in general [I am sure that Hanzi is exempt from this]. Not sure about Mass drivers---but if they are anything like the MD ones, I can empathize. Southern drivers just drive fast---insanely fast, which is funny since everything else about the south is about slow and easy.
That was a coke up the nose post. You are soo right! rflmao
Old 09-01-2009, 11:55 PM   #14
Alejandra
Setting New Standards

Alejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law Student Lisa View Post
There is some logic to the Nascar wannabes.....I however, found that Maryland drivers are idiots in general [I am sure that Hanzi is exempt from this]. Not sure about Mass drivers---but if they are anything like the MD ones, I can empathize.
Ahem...haven't we had this discussion already?! Actually, it's the PA drivers that sucketh the most - esp. when they're driving in MD.

People around here are just really aggressive & impatient. And, i don't think anyone has a clue what 'yield' means.
Alejandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:09 AM   #15
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

That'a ok, down here we have these little things on the side of our steering wheels. They make these lights blink on the corners of the car. We have no clue what they're for, so we mostly just leave them alone
Old 09-02-2009, 08:57 AM   #16
comingup4air Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba'sDad View Post
Boston, and the rest of MA is free to take their toys and go home.
Hey now.....I am a MA driver. Although, I'm considered one of the more cautious ones. I've seen people do things driving in and around Boston that I've never seen ANYWHERE else.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:32 AM   #17
binarian
Setting New Standards

binarian is just really nice

Quote:
Hey now.....I am a MA driver. Although, I'm considered one of the more cautious ones. I've seen people do things driving in and around Boston that I've never seen ANYWHERE else.

Ha. That's NOTHING compared to driving to the Cape on a summer weekend. Tourists from CT, NY, NJ and PA speeding helter-skelter down I-495 with their luxury SUV's piled high with luggage, bicycles and God knows what else. It's an NASCAR/Demolition Derby Armageddon.
binarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:35 AM   #18
comingup4air Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by binarian View Post
Ha. That's NOTHING compared to driving to the Cape on a summer weekend. Tourists from CT, NY, NJ and PA speeding helter-skelter down I-495 with their luxury SUV's piled high with luggage, bicycles and God knows what else. It's an NASCAR/Demolition Derby Armageddon.

HA!! Right on Bin. Before I had E, I lived in Sagamore Beach. Loved riding the canal and spending time on the Cape. I haven't brought E much at all (not at all this year, actually) since she would HATE to sit in the traffic. I've seen some serious road rage incidents and awful accidents....getting rid of the rotary was a joke. Plus....all those out-of-towners...PSSSHHH!!!

Natty inspires me.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:43 PM   #19
binarian
Setting New Standards

binarian is just really nice

Only time to go in season is during the week when the out-a-staters are home. Then it's safe. Sorta.
binarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:48 PM   #20
comingup4air Female

I wonder what it's like to drive in MO....do you have to dodge the corn husks.....cows?? I bet it's flat, though....but aside from that, I know nothing about it. At all. My sister is finding out, but I haven't heard much from her while she is settling in.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:53 PM   #21
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

Quote:
Blue....yea...I got your number, baby. I can busta liver with the best of them.
I'm still wondering what this means?

And until you have backed a bus load of rowdy kids down the side of a mountain cause the logging truck you met on the way up can't fit past you.....

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Old 09-02-2009, 01:57 PM   #22
comingup4air Female

Really? When you say something is really funny, you say your liver hurts. So....I said I can 'be funny' like the best of them....more or less.

YIKES.......I think driving all those kids around is a HUGE responsibility. You have all those precious little people you have to get to school and back home again...

Old 09-02-2009, 02:27 PM   #23
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

CU4A, you have the wrong state with the cow dodging, look at Blue's pictures. She cow dodges in her school bus
Old 09-02-2009, 02:44 PM   #24
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Lol, I thought that might be what you meant, more or less. That expression "Oh my liver" I picked up from a friend who had a relative who was a recovering alcoholic. She had said it at dinner one night when we were all laughing our butts off and it just stuck on us all. I also say it cause I don't really like to take God's name in vain if I can help it...though I do it alot, I know.

I'm gonna take more pics for you Cu4a.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:58 PM   #25
comingup4air Female

I LOVE Blue's pictures. I think it would be great to take more for me. Find E and I a nice house, back in the country, and we'll be there. At least for a visit!!
Old 09-02-2009, 03:37 PM   #26
SingleMomSM
Parent on Board

SingleMomSM is an unknown quantity at this point

Ha! Anyone from Cali? The freakin 405 (yes people, think OJ Simpson and his white Bronco)!!! And no, I'm not so sure the PA drivers know what yield means. Been there a few times and I swear you do not want to be a pedestrian! One other to add to the list? New mexico...love y'all if you are from there but these drivers are drifters! I lived there for a while and on several occassions we would be on the freeway and someone would drift over and hit a car and both keep on driving.
SingleMomSM is offline   Reply With Quote