Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Guys with Undiagnosed Personality Dis.. - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Relationships¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Mentally Unfit Other Biological Parent Support

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 11-15-2012, 06:35 PM   #1
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
star Guys with Undiagnosed Personality Dis..

How to Spot a Guy with Undiagnosed Personality Disorder

Men with personality disorders appear to be successful career men. These men are high functioning in society. High functioning means that they may have higher education, gainful employment and an appearance of normalcy in their family and social lives. They bait their women through their so-called flourishing careers. They hold many positions of power like politicians, doctors, lawyers, CEOs, business owners and professors to name a few. Undiagnosed personality disorders are noticeably proliferating in the online dating landscape and long distance relationships.

Unfortunately, the statistics of undiagnosed men with personality disorders continue to soar. By nature, men withdraw from counseling unless coerced by the legal system. Thus, behavioral issues with men remain undiagnosed. Self destructive behaviors such as substance and alcohol abuse are real outcomes of undiagnosed personality problems. Persistent instability in moods, ranging from anxiety to anger and depression, usually points to a disorder.

Men with undiagnosed personality disorders have turbulent personal relations. The tell-tale signs of personality disorders include the following: idealization (exaggerates positive image of self and others), devaluation (exaggerates negative qualities of self and others), and inappropriate immediate attachment, sensitivity to rejection, fear of abandonment, aggressive behavior and suicide threats.

Undiagnosed personality disorders in men also manifests in self-image problems, self-destructive behaviors, impulsivity, excessive spending, and engagement in unprotected ***.

Men with undiagnosed personality disorders victimize specific types of women. These men linger around online matchmaking or relationship sites. They like to prey on emotionally vulnerable girls and women who still fantasize about heroes, Prince Charming, and protectors. Naive women desire to be swept off their feet, making them an open prey to the manipulative schemes and mind games of these victim-seeking predators.

Is it easy to spot men with undiagnosed personality disorders?

The answer is "absolutely not." Men with undiagnosed personality disorders camouflage easily as typical, normal men in the beginning stages of a relationship. They are charming and flirtatious.

Their confusing behaviors become noticeable after seducing you. Men with personality disorders contradict themselves in small and big things. They will deny your truth. They will misquote you on yourself. They are casually dishonest and cruel to other people. Discussions with them are very disconcerting. They talk about many irrelevant and tangent topics in your typical conversations with them.

Men with undiagnosed personality disorder fear about damaging their reputation and about being punished. Thus they are defensive, paranoid, cynical, sneaky, and evasive. They will not volunteer to give personal information on their own. They appear very secretive.

They have a gloomy outlook in life. Oftentimes, they complain about everything. They like to give endless insults and put downs. They are very sensitive to personal criticism.

They can be stingy, overly thrifty and frugal. They can be very disappointing as gift-givers, usually giving "samples" or things lying around their garages or closet. However, they demand material or monetary items from their loved ones frequently. They could even steal your precious jewelries, high tech cameras and gadgets or anything they fancy at the moment.

Men with undiagnosed personality disorders subject themselves to a grinding work schedule and they often appear dazed and groggy, almost like they are intoxicated. They appear to be workaholics.

Conclusion

Personality disorders abound in our midst in the Internet age. The clinical features of personality disorders are compiled and categorized in the DSM-IV Manual by the American Psychiatric Association. The proposed DSM-V Manual, to be published in May 2013, gives personality disorder a new definition. However, how can one treat personality disorders when the underlying causes are unfounded yet? It is expected that for another two decades, dealing with personality disorders will still subjective and rely on observations. Thus, expect treatments for personality disorders to be experimental and inconclusive.

Men with personality disorders put you on a snare. It seems easy to get out of the trap. Unfortunately, their illness won't allow you to leave the relationship. It is a never-ending drama of the wounded soul. You can never leave a relationship with a guy with undiagnosed personality disorder unscathed. Thus, the best way to deal with personality disorder is like defensive driving: "distance and caution."

Sources:
Jared DeFife, Phd, "The Shrink Tank", Psychologytoday.com
Psychiatric Disorders, AllPsych.com
Personality Disorders, Mentalhelp.Net

Published by Mrs. Treasures
Mrs. Treasures is an economist by profession and a pianist by occupation.. She has a strong interest in behavioral economics or the study why people make choices that are not in their best interests. Mrs.... View profile

Read More:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5915592/how_to_spot_a_guy_with_undiagnosed.html?cat=41
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #2
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default Re: Guys with Undiagnosed Personality Di

Except for the gender it sounds like my ex......

The Only Easy Day was Yesterday. NavSpecWar

If it is Important to us we make it happen.......
If it's not, then we make excuses...
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #3
sara1 Female
Setting New Standards

sara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

It is my ex, now diagnosed evidently.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:18 PM   #4
yumimi Female
I am New

yumimi is an unknown quantity at this point

Distance and Caution is crucial in dealing with a personality disorder. I work in mental health and he seemed wonderful in the beginning so I saw no red flags. These men appear "successful" but once in the relationship is gets weird. My individuality was sucked out of me. The thing that ended my marriage were his lies of Omission. They still continue to this day in dealing with him as my child's father. It's not just that he's an Ahole, it goes to the 100th degree. Distance and Caution when dealing with this is imperative.
yumimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #5
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

OK the obvious question... how do they know how many undx'd are out there if they are undx'd.

Course they do sound like most of ours whether female or male....

Call me if you need a delivery....

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|.........WINE TRUCK.........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -)
"(@)'(@)"" "''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:32 PM   #6
ljeanbeans Female
On the Board

ljeanbeans is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that this is a more intelligent, informed way to label "controlling abusers". Don't you? I mean, it takes the wonder right out of what's wrong with them.
ljeanbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:15 AM   #7
JazzyMom Female
I am New

JazzyMom is an unknown quantity at this point
humm Re: Guys with Undiagnosed Personality Di

Yep, this is my soon to be ex husband. The almost perfect facade, and nightmare for me. If you see these signs, don't walk, run!! It doesn't get better, no matter how charming, and the seemingly sincere promises.
JazzyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 02:07 PM   #8
mustang2008 Female
Parent on Board

mustang2008 has a brilliant futuremustang2008 has a brilliant futuremustang2008 has a brilliant future

This post leave out the other side completely. What about the low-functioning men with personality disorders?

jobless
multiple firings
huge sense of entitlement
anger at the world....for their low functioning consequences.
Tries to become SAH parent due to employment failures
expect everyone to go along with their plan....expect special treatment
mustang2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 03:11 PM   #9
artsy mom Female
On the Board

artsy mom is a glorious beacon of lightartsy mom is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang2008 View Post
This post leave out the other side completely. What about the low-functioning men with personality disorders?

jobless
multiple firings
huge sense of entitlement
anger at the world....for their low functioning consequences.
Tries to become SAH parent due to employment failures
expect everyone to go along with their plan....expect special treatment
This sounds more like my ex, too. Even though he is there for our daughter so I can work my odd schedule, the quality of time he does spend with her is low. Mainly watching movies with her, or he's playing his videos games and my daughter is nearby doing something else. Sometimes they'll play around together or go out somewhere on occasion, he's always been withdrawn to the parenting side and taking part in family activities and birthdays. When he has a job he's determined and pulls very long hours, however he doesn't earn as much as he would like, piles on way too much bills and then splurges when he does get paid much. He lives with his parents for free. He has a foul mood most of the time. When he doesn't have a job it takes him months to find a new one because he procrastinates and becomes really lazy. Doesn't even clean up after himself and will go hungry, won't even cook food for my daughter until someone else does the dishes. I drives me insane because it demonstrates that he thinks washing dishes is women's work. At least he unclogs my drains without asking. So, I'm not really trying to man-bash him. He has some good sides and bad sides. There are reasons we end up with these types. I don't think it's so black and white. Everyone has flaws in their personalities. Labeling people by pointing out all their unflattering personality traits and deeming those as disorders is belittling to humanity. As horrible as someone is, it's our good nature to see past it at first, and we then only notice the good in people, until they rear their ugly sides and we kick them to the curb.
artsy mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 03:39 PM   #10
mustang2008 Female
Parent on Board

mustang2008 has a brilliant futuremustang2008 has a brilliant futuremustang2008 has a brilliant future

Artsy,

Cute.....
mustang2008 is offline   Reply With Quote