Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Permenantly Disabled Mom - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Stay @ Home Single Parents

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 10-16-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
5sparklystarz Female
Board Member

5sparklystarz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Permenantly Disabled Mom

Hey all,
In 2009 I developed severe epilepsy after enduring abuse. Since then I have been in and out of hospitals sick. I was forced to stop working due to my inability to work fire/rescue due to the lights setting off my seizures. After a lengthy battle to get insurance I was finally granted disability at age 29. My medication is so expensive if I hadn't went this route I would not have been able to cover my medication and/or hospital stays personally or on the insurance my employer provided. So here we are disabled and fighting with a system that is lop sided.
My glorious ex husband is a pediophile who was granted supervised visitation in our divorce and is now remarried and expecting yet ANOTHER CHILD. They are so responsible they reside with her parents at the age 36 & 37. Makes sense huh? Can't pay for your two children already breathing on earth SO WHY NOT lets make MORE!! -_-

My sons father is a real winner. He was abusive and I finally fled from that relationship and left every belonging I had behind. He has YET to pay a DIME in court ordered child support and DNA was done btw. So whats he doing? He's shacked up with another mom with yes THREE KIDS. What are they doing?? OOh, taking trips to the beach and posting it all over facebook. Why my significant other (SO) and I struggle to make ends meet.

Last month my ex husband (we refer to him as A$$1) decided to take me and my SO to court to lower child support and attempt to get custody of my children. (brilliant plan there honey..I think all concocted by his new wife to try and get money) They served me with court papers while I was picking my kids up from camp. They also was keeping our girls clothes while I moved and they refused to give those up along with their hamsters. Nice eh? So when I demanded they give me the clothes they called the cops on me in front of EVERYONE. Then my ex husband (who's ex army) hid and sent his elderly father in law to confront me. BRAVE HUH? I'm all 130lbs and my ex is 6'3 300-400lbs (NOT KIDDING) Well my children went into a panic because they thought I was going to jail. I remained calm and the cops said they couldn't force him to give up their items. So my SO and I went back to Columbia with two children and the few clothes I sent them to camp with and school starting shortly. So what did we have to do? Buy clothes to wear before school and also provide school clothes. My ex he refused to pay child support and when I asked was he going to help he said "with what?" WITH WHAT I said .. WELL how about the attorneys fee's you paid out to DRAG ME BACK to court. He hung up. Oh yea I failed to mention my SO and I had to pony up 3 grand for a lawyer thanks to my ex's ignorance. We went to court on my 30th bday and my ex was verbally reemed by our judge. I walked in terrified I was going to get ripped for living with my SO and not married. The judge shockingly said he understood WHY I had not RUSHED into marriage like my ex husband did. (he got married to hippo the day after our divorce passed the clerks desk..on my birthday HA) Anyway, we were able to hit my ex with 3 contempt of court charges which I told him I would not do if he just left my child support alone. DID HE LISTEN?? NOOO. So in court the judge ordered to to give me my 3,000 in my divorce attorneys fees plus 500 for the contempt of court charges I brought on him and he screamed at him he didn't want a number that day on him bringing me to court trying to over turn the custody agreement. So he walked out of there owing me 4300 in cash by Nov 30 or he's going to be remanded to jail. My SO and I were high fiving. It was amazing. Since we found it so easy to hit my ex husband with this we did the same to my sons donor (A$$2 or A2) Once he got hit for the 5,000 in back child support he owed he called begging to stop the case. My SO said he would if he would surrender his parental rights and allow him to adopt. He agreed so we had the termination paperwork drawn up on the basis of abandonment. (its pending)

So, here I am. My ex husband is yet again behind on child support and has just a few weeks to pony up the cash or he's going to jail. Personally because of how he victimized my children I would rather him be in jail then get the money. Here's why...if he does go to jail since he somehow got out of the molestation charges from the great US ARMY I will show up every visitation weekend with my worlds famous cookies. I will find the biggest inmate in there and give him my ex husbands record. From my understanding they don't like baby rapers in prison.. get my drift?? =))

Anyway, I know I rambled on but hopefully I can help some of y'all. Since I do have the privilege of having an attorney. I reside in SC but my case is in the state of GA. I may be able to help some of y'all. Sorry to have talked so much but my case is complicated.

Thanks
Kelly
5sparklystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:08 PM   #2
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default Re: Permenantly Disabled Mom

wow, first welcome... and second, you have a lot on your plate. Nice to hear your empowerment over the financial abuse.

not sure if you know about 'Child Support Enforcement Dept', but they only deal with Child support and its a small fee [like 25$] for them to handle your case.

glad your here to also share your knowledge, again welcome and thanks too.
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:21 PM   #3
5sparklystarz Female
Board Member

Hey,
Yeah I've been dealing with CSE. They were garnishing for years and then stopped because our decree stated direct payment but then told me I could go back after him when he became a month delinquent. He was already behind when they stopped. o.O made no sense to me either but now that I'm in SC I turned them both into CSE. Its a long process so I"m not sure how it will come out. If for some reason I can't get CSE to work I have the option to keep hitting him with contempt of court charges considering its a court order. That's a nice little thing I found out. My awesome divorce attorney charged me 500 to file three CC's and then the judge is making my ex pay me back. Works out nicely . Some people aren't as lucky as I am though to have legal help at their disposal. I lucked out because he already owed me and I stuck with my divorce attorney because he had the most case knowledge. He also was willing to work with us financially. We still however had to come up with 3,000 to retain him for the custody modification the ex went for. ugh. Anyway, its nice to know if CSE fails you have the option to file contempt of court charges. At least in GA you do.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:42 PM   #4
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

that is good to hear.
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:40 PM   #5
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

welcome to our Hide Out!! WOW, you have a lot going on and your Mood is Cheerful! Keep it up!

The Only Easy Day was Yesterday. NavSpecWar

If it is Important to us we make it happen.......
If it's not, then we make excuses...
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:47 PM   #6
5sparklystarz Female
Board Member

I can tell you I have been through WORsE this is easy. ^_^
Old 12-06-2014, 12:36 AM   #7
Honey21 Female
I am New

Honey21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Man that sucks, I really hope you get through this. Keep your head up.
Honey21 is offline   Reply With Quote