Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Hi, I am single and stay at home. - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Stay @ Home Single Parents

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 02-23-2014, 09:22 AM   #1
Honeybee Female
I am New

Honeybee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi, I am single and stay at home.

HI. I have 3 kids. I am 31 and single. I have a degree as a pharmacy tech. I do not currently work. I have had panic attacks for 3 yrs and am working on getting over them. My daily life is not hard, I still do online classes and can run my life. I just take medication as needed if I have one and it's spontaneous. So I don't work. I am working on getting back because I love working and go a little stir crazy. I like to learn .
My ex and I did not have a bad break up, we just married young and after 9 yrs, wanted to be single. I can not control his actions, but it's nice not to hate your ex. I am hurt to we can be nice to each other. We just switch off kids really and that's about it. I have them most of the time. I just have not been single in this long and it's scary!
I think ppl will see the fact that I don't work as a bad sign. I have my bills and kids taken care of, but I am home. I feel that is not attractive. I don't know, I have not been single forever.
It's all very stressful, but I am moving forward well. I don't do the yo yo thing and when someone leave you, they could do it again and that was more scary to me. My kids don't need in and out. So here I am and don't know anything I know I will take my time and date slowly. I will not live with someone for at least a good yr or around that. People take things too fast. If I choose to date, I know I want to be sure next time
Honeybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:42 AM   #2
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

Woodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an Angel
Default Re: Hi, I am single and stay at home.

Welcome HB!
Don't worry about dating. It's seriously overrated.
And really why worry about someone thinking it's not attractive? They have to accept you as you are or it's not going to work anyway.
Why the panic attacks?

You cannot get an answer, if you do not ask the question. Say what you need to say.
~Just me
Woodsimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:34 PM   #3
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

welcome, take your time on what you feel comfortable with, it is a journey.
Stressful yes, doable, yes, and you found a great place to vent here. loads of great supportive people
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:58 PM   #4
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

does going to a free RV and garden show on the way to pick up a kid from a visit count as a date?

Don't rush, rushing just sets up a bad situation with bad results. I am happy being single and do not want to get serious. I do enjoy company at times. Get to know yourself.

The Only Easy Day was Yesterday. NavSpecWar

If it is Important to us we make it happen.......
If it's not, then we make excuses...
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:37 AM   #5
Honeybee Female
I am New

Honeybee is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all so much!!! I hit a hard place.
My first husband beat me a lot and almost killed me. So I have PTDS. It's well managed, but when I get very upset it's really hard. Because the break up was not really over anything, I was hurt that he left me alone with are kids, no money and no medication. But I just handled it like I do everyday. Thank you all for the support. I was not on for a few days, it's all just was a hard shock. I know he already wants to come back home and with kids and what I just went through, I can't. I don't want them going through this all the time. This venting is so helpful!

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

Yes!! I think it counts as a date bwahahaha. I dated my last husband after work in my living room at night. My kids could not meet him and I could not leave them.

I will be taking time. It's hard to trust again when we had small problems. But I can not control someone else's actions. I just am putting my foot down. Not good for children. My father left a lot. I don't like it.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

I am a strong good person. I think the rejection was harsh. I agree someone will have to accept me as I am. At least I am honest, have a degree, and love my kids. No one is perfect.
Honeybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 03:40 AM   #6
KScott03 Female
I am New

KScott03 is an unknown quantity at this point

You are right, your kids shouldn't have to go through that again. Being single can help in finding yourself and your purpose in life. Try working online jobs just to get you a little bit of money. Goodluck HoneyBee!
KScott03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 05:30 PM   #7
MerryAnn Female
On the Board

MerryAnn is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you find an online job?
MerryAnn is offline   Reply With Quote