Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey I'm used to being home... - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Stay @ Home Single Parents

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 08-11-2006, 01:39 AM   #1
JohnJohn'sMomMom
I am New

JohnJohn'sMomMom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone- I am a stay at home mom, with the exception of three days a week I work at a hair salon. My fiance and I are in the early stage of splitting up. I have such reservations, but only because (and this sounds shallow and lame) he is a full time restaurant manager, and I stay at home with our son. Along with being a hair stylist, I am also a Mary Kay consultant, so my income is adequate; however, definitely not enough to support me and my son. I have never had any intentions on going back to work full time, now that I've had the wonderful experience of staying home and playing! I know that staying with my son's father only for financial reasons, is very unhealthy and really immoral, but emotionally don't think I could handle going back to work and being away from my son 40 hrs a week! any suggestions?
JohnJohn'sMomMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 10:30 AM   #2
Mashell
Lively & Zealous Parent

Mashell is an unknown quantity at this point

First off JohnJohn's mom, welcome to the site. I can only imagine that it would be difficult for you to go to work full-time after being able to spend all of this time with your son, but, think about what staying with a man that you are not happy with will do to you emotionaly. If I am correct, your son is 2, he is getting to the stage where he is going to start needing social interactin and maybe you could find a good daycare for him. Another alternative is that maybe you and your fiance could go to counceling and work out your issues, as you stated, you are just in the beginning stages of splitting up. I do not know the situation between the two of you, but it is a thought.
Mashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:37 PM   #3
meandme
Parent on Board

meandme is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome to the group. i agree with mashell, said . the other thing you can do is cut people hair at home if you got alot clients.
meandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:57 AM   #4
omgchristietyped Female
I am New

omgchristietyped is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I'm used to being home...

i agree with you about leaving.i'm also a stay at home mom.however,i'm not employed at all.i am on unemployment,but with that about to end,i'm going to have to start looking for a job too.i live with my mom so i don't pay rent,but i have a $345 car payment every month.i'm in school full time,so my mom isn't making me get a job.the ONLY good thing about being a single mom,is the child support.it's not much at all,and you can't depend on it.but it keeps my son in diapers,and me at home with him.my son is 9 months old and i can't afford daycare.but i found a program called "mother's day out".most churches have them,and a few daycares.it's just tues and thurs (or any other 2 days) for 5 hours.the one my son is going to is from 9-2:30.however,i'm breastfeeding so he only goes 12-2:30.so even if you just get a part time job,you could do that.i'm really just putting him in it so that he can have interaction with other babies.i know he gets bored sitting at home with me and the same old toys.so you might give that a thought.but i definitely know how you feel.i'm not sure i could go to work right now.i just love staying home.and as for your fiance,i don't think you should stay together for the child.now i know that some people disagree with that,but the best thing for a child,is for his parents to be happy.whether that's together,or apart,i think that's what's best.i saw that someone already suggested it,but counseling could be a good start for the 2 of you.just keep your head up and stay positive.
omgchristietyped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 02:57 AM   #5
megan Female
On the Board

megan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I'm used to being home...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJohn'sMomMom View Post
Hi everyone- I am a stay at home mom, with the exception of three days a week I work at a hair salon. My fiance and I are in the early stage of splitting up. I have such reservations, but only because (and this sounds shallow and lame) he is a full time restaurant manager, and I stay at home with our son. Along with being a hair stylist, I am also a Mary Kay consultant, so my income is adequate; however, definitely not enough to support me and my son. I have never had any intentions on going back to work full time, now that I've had the wonderful experience of staying home and playing! I know that staying with my son's father only for financial reasons, is very unhealthy and really immoral, but emotionally don't think I could handle going back to work and being away from my son 40 hrs a week! any suggestions?
Hi JJ's mum.....I'm new to this forum but I'm finding it difficult that you call staying in a relationship because of finances as immoral......It's perfectly normal and a good instinct to have. It means you care about your sons and your own survival. Many breakups and seperations happen when kids are teens because women have done the long haul while their children are young, it's a protective measure.. In being a stay at home mum, and enjoying it, is not a crime, it's a 'job' that you like doing . And it also means you have three jobs counting the others ...nothing at all immoral about your situation.
megan is offline   Reply With Quote