Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Fridays and Saturdays - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Stay @ Home Single Parents

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 10-29-2010, 07:21 PM   #1
Jamie's_Mum Female
English & proud

Jamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fridays and Saturdays

I hate fridays and Saturdays, its when i feel lonely. Im fine all week, probably coz when i was still with my ex he worked long hours so i was alone most of the time. But friday nights and all day saturday i just feel depressed, i hate being alone, i think of couples spending the day shopping together or snuggling up watching tv and it makes me feel alone. I dont mind Sundays coz thats always been my 'cleaning day' and that keeps me busy, but i have nothing to do on Saturdays except watch tv and feel sorry for myself. Its stupid and self-pitying and i hate it. Ive spent my friday night watching Bridget Jones's Diary, im going stir-crazy
Jamie's_Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:48 PM   #2
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: Fridays and Saturdays

Sorry Kayleigh, it hits me at times too, but it's never on a scheduled basis. Tonight I took the boys grocery shopping and thought.......so this is Friday? LOL Must admit I'm too tired to do much these days.......but snuggling up and watching a movie would be nice. Esp. with the fire going. Gee how did Dad1st get lucky? LOL
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 01:06 AM   #3
momofTDR Female
Marja

momofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With Support

My days for lonliness were on Sundays. They were "family days" and besides church, we just did stuff together. For a while I didn't have any kids on Sundays, instead I got to go to work! It wasn't good. Now, by Friday I need a time to relax, I used to stay home when I was really struggling with anxiety and depression, but I'm back into my old habit of going to my friends houses on Fridays and feeding them and chatting our evenings away.

I think for you it is likely worse because you are home. In some ways, I wish I could still be home for my kids, in others, I don't. this is one of those reasons.
momofTDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:32 PM   #4
Tazie Female
Board Blazen Parent

Tazie has a brilliant futureTazie has a brilliant futureTazie has a brilliant futureTazie has a brilliant future

Kay I'm gonna say read again that's how I get rid of lonely day feelings to but I will say I still hate "happy people". I don't know why but those people who walk around like life is just a ball of sunshine makes me wanna shove them down some stairs. Maybe that's why I read so much keeps me out of trouble with my thoughts.
Tazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:05 PM   #5
phoenix45 Female
Board Blazen Parent

phoenix45 is just really nice

Toughie...let me think, actually I try not to think about what night it anymore, hurts too much. I read a variety of books, watch movies with the kids, walk around town a lot in the early evenings (small town is safe), gaze at the stars on a clear night, have coffee and occassional hugs with some of my other single mother girlfriends...I guess a lot of the snuggling will be with my daughter for a couple more years but not my son...he's almost 16 and it ain't me wants to snuggle with!!! And of course, I get on this board and see who else in in chatting mode for a few minutes. I rarely stay much more than 15-20 mins at a time. Restless I guess. Hope this helps (((((hugs))))
phoenix45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:26 PM   #6
Virgo69 Female
A Cuddly Porcupine

Virgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

I don't have regular days where the solitude of single parenting hits me. It comes and goes. There are times I really enjoy it being just me and my girl and there are others where I would give my left eyeball for some adult company or conversation.

The one thing that makes me shake off the mood is to remind myself how everyone tells me how happy I look when I am with my girl and how I don't seem to talk about anything else but her.

I don't really miss the old days of going out to the clubs or the bars or navigating the dating waters. I think in many ways they were more complicated and stressful than being MomDad.

Mind you, I have been on my own since I was 5 1/2 months pregnant, came to stay with my parents after having my daughter for what was supposed to be a brief period of time but for many reasons turned into almost 1 year. While there are benefits to being at their house....cable tv, internet, other adults...I treasure the time I spend in my home with my girl one on one and I know that she does too. Even when I am at my parents I am never off duty. My parents are not the hands on type...can't even get them to keep an eye on her so I can bathe or catch a nap.

I find it hard to concentrate on reading or needlework or many of the other hobbies I used to enjoy when I do get any time to myself so I understand how you feel.

The only thing I can suggest is when I start feeling low, if its still early enough I make myself get up and get out of the house. We go to the park, or the store and window shop, or just run an errand or two. While it is tough to carry toddler and all the necessary gear and we have few funds to spend, I know how important it is for us to get out. If it isn't early enough and my girl is in bed, I sit on my porch for a bit but with the weather turning that won't be an option soon unless I want to look like a snowwoman.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:29 PM   #7
AAmommy2 Female
On the Board

AAmommy2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleigh View Post
I hate fridays and Saturdays, its when i feel lonely. Im fine all week, probably coz when i was still with my ex he worked long hours so i was alone most of the time. But friday nights and all day saturday i just feel depressed, i hate being alone, i think of couples spending the day shopping together or snuggling up watching tv and it makes me feel alone. I dont mind Sundays coz thats always been my 'cleaning day' and that keeps me busy, but i have nothing to do on Saturdays except watch tv and feel sorry for myself. Its stupid and self-pitying and i hate it. Ive spent my friday night watching Bridget Jones's Diary, im going stir-crazy
I completely understand what you mean. I'm like that now, can't really go out & do much when your belly is about to pop. I work 40+ hours each week & come Friday night I'm in bed by 9pm. So sad...
AAmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:52 PM   #8
mykidisfirst Female
Social Director

mykidisfirst has a brilliant futuremykidisfirst has a brilliant futuremykidisfirst has a brilliant future

I am sorry you are feeling lonely. I think you should try and see if you can find a new hobby or past time. Volunteer somewhere- like the YMCA or get a pass to a local zoo and just spend an hour or two enjoying something that does not cost you a lot of money. I find the best way to keep from eing lonely is just not to be lonely. Join a book club-, local charity group, do some volunteer hrs at your kids school while you are not with them so when they are involved you can enjoy them. Hope this helps. My personality has always been grieve-feel sorry for yourself for a little while then get up and do something. I lost my job recently and now I will have time to be my sons team parent- This is something I would have never had time to commit before. Hope this helps!
mykidisfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:19 AM   #9
Jamie's_Mum Female
English & proud

Jamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond repute

I still find fridays and saturdays hard, usually on friday there is lots of good stuff on tv so im not too bored, saturdays are the worst though, i usually jus have a nice bath and relax but i get very lonely on ssturday nights, as for doing something with my time i have been thinking alot about doing volunteer work for charity, id love to be able to help out with the make a wish foundation as i think its an awesome charity, in the new year its my resolution to get out there and do something.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:34 AM   #10
Mama Swan Female
Tree hugger at heart

Mama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Kayleigh, that is wonderful! Even though I know you still struggle, I see you have grown so much in the past few months. Love it!
Mama Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:33 AM   #11
Jamie's_Mum Female
English & proud

Thank you Mama Swan!